Among the brand new products with premiere in Munich Airport and presented at Istanbul Airport Exchange show are:
- Lightning Arrestor – Sheriff (Pat. Pending) , the first ever compact and affordable lightning stand-alone protector to shield the airfield lighting secondary circuit components against high voltages induced by lightning
- Two new adapter kits to facilitate easy and secure installation of primary circuits: With U29 adapter fitting primary cables and connectors in tight spaces becomes easy. EA29 adapter kit eases up connecting Efla transformers and primary connector kits to other connectors of another brand
- EMC protector retrofit kit (KDCA.EMC1) will help when LED electronics might be causing interference with radio communications or other circuits:
EFLA CEO, MSc/Eng. Ilari Anttila comments: ”We at Efla are truly excited to be able to showcase so many new things here at Munich. Our R&D team has worked very hard to develop these products in close cooperation with our customers and partners to whom we are very thankful for their excellent input. Aim of all Efla products and services is to make the installation and maintenance works at airports easier, safer and the AGL circuits themselves of high quality and with long life time. This time our team has exceeded themselves with these ingenious brand new products and services.”
In deed Efla is not only be showcasing the brand new products described above, but also launches:
- Brand new mobile friendly web site site enabling
- Efla e-Learn – illustrative and clear step by step videos and animations to educate installation and maintenance staff
- And last but not least Efla has developed a set of new methods to start Electronics encapsulation service, which will enable protecting sensitive electronics components and PCB boards in the hostile environment of airfields against extreme temperatures, water immersion, chemicals and nature forces.
Area Sales manager and head of Efla Marketing, BSC/Eng. Ms. Minna Kreivi, who is the driving force behind the new web site and e-Learn explains: ”Smartphones have become so popular and they enable to carry the installation instructions in your pocket. With our new mobile friendly web site it will be easy and quick to download the necessary instructions when and where you need them. But we did not stop there we also added first installation videos and animations to launch Efla e-Learn. With these step by step animations and videos the risk of human errors will be further diminished.”
Head of R&D, BSc/Eng. Mika Laukkanen shares his colleagues’ enthusiasm and describes the challenge solved with the Efla’s new service: ”Electronics encapsulation has become a must with the introduction of LED’s and more enhanced airfield lighting control systems. With the traditional methods one break the sensitive PCB’s and components with high pressures so we have developed cutting edge new methods to shield the components in a safe way,” Mika concludes mysteriously: ”And we have more to introduce very soon!” So keep watching this space.
EFLA Oy manufactures high-quality transformers, connector kits and prefabricated cable assemblies for Airfield Ground Lighting. We offer a broad range of standard and customized products manufactured using state-of-the-art techniques that we develop continuously based on our experience of over 30 years. EFLA is a trusted partner of all major lighting solutions providers. Efla has just recently moved to new premises enabling the doubling of it’s annual production capacity and further enhancing it’s capabilities for fast and flexible deliveries.
CEO Ilari Anttila, mobile: +358 40 5263133
Area Sales Manager, Head of Marketing Minna Kreivi, mobile: +358 50 577 2607
Head of R&D, Mika Laukkanen: +358 40 570 0675